Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Screenshots (Game Programming)

I've been taking screenshots of games and such on my ZTE Open Firefox OS phone and I thought I would share how I did it.

Well, it's easy and it's not. Once you the screen you want to capture on your ZTE Open phone, you have to push two buttons. Since you only have three (or four, depending on how you count the volume control rocker switch), the buttons you push are:

  1. The HOME button
  2. The POWER button
They both need to be pressed at the same time. I've found the best technique is to put the phone on a table, face up, and the long way. Then I put one finger next to the power button and another finger (from the other hand) on the home button. Then, I quickly push the power button and a split second later, push the home button. Sometimes I don't get it fast or slow enough, but if I'm successful, I'll get a notification that it worked. You may have to fiddle with this to get it to work for you. But when the buttons are few, you have to make them work overtime.

Next, I verify that the screenshot is in the gallery.

Then, I press on the gallery picture and choose the Send To option from the menu at the bottom of the screen. I choose email and send the picture to myself. Obvious tip:  put yourself in your Firefox OS address book.

Another tip: my WiFi kept turning off before I could send the email to myself. The answer was to reboot the phone. Isn't it always the case? Reboot solves everything.

Finally, I receive the email on my PC as an attachment and add it to my post.

Voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment